Consumer Protection and Student Complaints

The Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE) processes complaints alleging violations of state institutional authorization law relative to postsecondary institutions or programs in Alaska, including SARA complaints.  The complaint investigation process is described in AS 14.48.130 and 20 AAC 17.130-145.  A student is encouraged to pursue the complaint/grievance process at their institution prior to contacting ACPE.  This process is outlined in the institution’s catalog.  Frequently asked questions can be found here.  To request a complaint form please send an email to: EED.ACPE-IA@alaska.gov.   

For questions or assistance relative to complaints please contact:

Tyler Eggen
Institutional Authorization Program Coordinator

Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
PO Box 110505
Juneau, AK 99811-0505


Closed Alaska School Transcript Request

Records from Closed Institutions

ACPE maintains academic records for closed postsecondary institutions in Alaska, including Sheldon Jackson College and the Alaska Junior College. Former students and graduates of closed postsecondary schools may request transcripts and/or diplomas using the transcript request form.

For more information about Alaska School Records, including information on how to find secondary school records, visit the State of Alaska archives.

Postsecondary school records

Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education 
PO Box 110505 
Juneau, AK 99811-0505

Customer Service
800-441-2962 or 465-2962 in Juneau